Capsule wardrobe. I’m sure you’re familiar with it (& if not hit me up!) It’s a term I see more and more all over the ‘gram & it’s something that I’ve been striving to achieve for almost a year. So here are my tried & tested, top tips for creating your capsule wardrobe:
1) Keep a neutral base – it’s probably obvious but the main idea behind a capsule wardrobe is to be able to mix and match staple pieces. This is easiest when you’ve stocked up on the basics in neutral colours.
2) Choose a colour scheme and rarely deviate – this is where you can really express your personality! Whether your scheme be bright, clashing colours or completely monochrome, if you keep in mind the looks you’re aiming for and what you have in the rest of wardrobe you can’t really go wrong. I like to keep mine to a neutral and pinky theme but it could be anything! Of course it does mean sometimes resisting an item here or there but if you really love it, then there’s nothing stopping you from buying it!
3) Pinterest – Pinterest Pinterest. Find looks you love and are easy to recreate & then create a list of items you need. There’s no need to be rigid but it’s good to have an idea of what you’re trying to put together. A capsule wardrobe is more of a lifestyle than a checklist.
4) Shop around – if there’s an item you desire, look around to find the perfect piece. The amount of times I’ve bought & kept pieces that are almost right but not quite and never worn them again!
5) Know what YOU like a stay true to yourself – there are so many gorgeous, well dressed women out there but it’s useless trying to dress like them if it doesn’t suit your lifestyle/personality – you won’t feel comfortable and you’ll just continue to buy items and never wear them. For instance, I know that I never iron so a silk blouse or skirt might be someone’s staple but definitely not mine!
There we go, short but sweet! Let me know if you decide to live the capsule life. You won’t regret it!
Love, Anna x